At State Sign, we offer top-tier custom pylon signs that are used throughout the US. Pylon signs are also known as pole signs. These signs range from 20 to 80 feet tall and are ideal for attracting attention from afar.
Our design consultants will take care of EVERYTHING! State Sign is uniquely qualified to handle all facets of pylon and pole signs from design and manufacturing to permitting and construction. All of our facilities are certified, and no other sign company has more crews and manufacturing personnel in the state of Texas. Below are some highlights of our pylon and pole sign capabilities:
- Optimized for maximum visibility
- Rugged construction for longevity, including UV coatings
- Mounting capabilities up to 80’, where allowed
- Illuminated and non-illuminated signs available
- We offer both vacuum-formed and flex-faced signs
- In-house engineering and design
Rising high in the sky, pylon signs are a great way to attract and notify customers of your location. As a leading Houston custom pole sign manufacturer, our engineers and design team make sure that your pylon sign will be rock solid as well as unique and eye-catching. Our sales consultants complete exhaustive municipal code research to ensure maximum sign size and height.
What is a Pylon Sign?
Pylon Signs are illuminated cabinets mounted on welded, staged poles from 20 feet to 80 feet tall. Pylon signs, commonly referred to as pole signs, are ideal for attracting attention from afar. Pylon signs are commonly used by businesses such as hotels, buildings, gas stations, retail stores, and more. They are frequently used on the side of roadways, freeways, and highways.
Types and Applications for Custom Pylon Signs
Our team of experts is here to assist you every step of the way while you choose and design your ideal sign. We offer custom pylon signs that are perfect for a wide variety of applications and businesses, including:
- Building Complexes
- Gas Stations
- Retail Stores
- Car Dealerships
- And more!
State Sign custom pylon signs come in a variety of types that can be customized to fit your exact needs. These types include:
- Single-pole: This is the classic design for pylon signs.
- Twin-pole: This design uses two poles instead of one for increased stability and for a more symmetrical appearance.
- Covered-pole: We can create a custom fabricated design to cover the exposed pole if you prefer.
- Custom lightbox pole: A great choice for shopping mall centers, these signs most resemble monument signs in their design.
Understanding the difference between monument signs and pylon signs can be difficult. Simply put, a monument sign is typically shorter than a pole sign. Monument signs usually do not exceed 6-8 feet in height, while pylon signs can reach 80 or more feet. Additionally, monument signs use solid bases for the structure rather than poles to give a more sophisticated.
How to determine your best sign height & letter size.
There are a variety of factors that determine an optimal sign size and height:
- Sign codes – Most municipalities have sign height and size restrictions and are often dependent upon city areas or street corridor designation.
- Visible distance – A larger size means larger letters. 3” letters have the best impact up to 30’ with maximum readability up to 100’ while 60” letters are impactful up to 600’ and readable at also ½ mile.
- Other signs - Are other signs blocking visibility? Our designers will provide views to make sure your sign is easily seen.
For even more impact, consider adding a digital LED message board to your pylon to provide a dynamic display with enhanced visibility. Request a free quote today to see if a pylon sign is right for your business.
To learn more about our custom pylon signs, contact one of our experts!